Are you looking to incorporate in Kansas?  Are you trying to learn about Kansas incorporation or corporation laws?  The following summary can get you started on your path to incorporation.

Secretary of State Contact Information Kansas Secretary of State
Corporation Division
First Floor, Memorial Hall
120 S. W. 10th Ave.
Topeka, KS 66612-1594
(785) 296-4564
(785) 296-4570 (fax)
Secretary of State Address
Corporation Filing Fees The fee for filing Articles of Incorporation is $90.
Corporation Name Reservation Information and Fees Kansas incorporators may reserve a corporate name by filing form NR with the Kansas Secretary of State and paying a $20 fee. The name reservation remains effective for 120 days.
Incorporation Forms
Periodic Corporation Reporting Requirements Corporations must pay an annual Franchise Tax now called a ‘Franchise Fee’ of $55; see below for information on the separate Franchise Tax . The franchise fee must be paid to the Kansas Secretary of State with the entity’s annual report. Both may be submitted electronically at the Kansas Business Center. To file the annual report and pay the franchise fee by mail, you may visit this Web site to download and print forms and instructions.
Corporation Tax Forms
Corporate Tax Summary Kansas recently enacted changes to its Franchise Tax law. The new Franchise Tax and fee law requires businesses to pay a Franchise Tax to the Kansas Department of Revenue and a separate franchise fee to the Secretary of State (discussed above). Both are due the 15th day of the fourth month following the tax year end; e.g. April 15, 2005, for entities with a December 31 tax year end.
The new Franchise Tax , which carries a maximum of $20,000, works as follows. Business entities that have $100,000 of net worth or more in the state must pay to the Kansas Department of Revenue a Franchise Tax of 0.125% of the total net worth. Business entities required to pay the tax will file a return with the Department of Revenue, which must be accompanied by the taxpayer’s balance sheet.
“S” Corporation Information Kansas recognizes the federal S corporation provision. The subchapter S election is automatic and no state specific forms need be filed to make the subchapter S election. Corporations which elect subchapter S status must file a Kansas Small Business Income Tax Return, Form K120S.
Additional Information Kansas publishes a thorough and helpful ‘Kansas Corporate Handbook,” available from the Secretary of State’ s website.

Are you ready to form your Corporation or LLC today?

0 replies

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *